A solo practitioner, I treat adults age 18 and over. I try to provide a welcoming and safe environment for all of my clients. My goal is to create a space where my clients feel comfortable enough to share any personal information he/she believes is relevant to treatment. I realize this can be difficult for many people and preserve client information in a private and confidential manner.
Education & Training
- Board Certified in Adult Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Internship/Residency in Adult Psychiatry at Tufts Medical Center, 2003-2007
- Chief Resident of Emergency and Outpatient Services, Tufts Medical Center, 2006-2007
- M.D., Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, 2003
- B.S., Boston College, 1998
- “Trauma & Attachment: Effective Treatment Strategies for Helping Challenging Clients.” Allison Krauss-Randall, LCSW. PESI sponsored. October 4, 2017.
- “Mindfulness-Based Approaches for Trauma Treatment.” Full-Day Workshop with International Speaker Alistair Wilson, MD, at the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, September 2017.
- “The Internal Family Systems Model: Treating the Long Term Effects of Trauma.” Richard C. Schwartz, PhD and Michael Mithoefer, MD. 28th Annual International Trauma Conference, Full-Day Workshop. June 1, 2017
- “Developmental Trauma Disorder (DTD): Emerging Science and Best Practices,” Bessel van der Kolk, MD, and colleagues. 28th Annual International Trauma Conference, Full-Day Workshop. May 31, 2017
- Completed the 8-week Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy Program (MBCT) at the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Fall 2016.
- “Positive Psychotherapy: Fostering Resilience and Well-being,” Harvard Medical School (DCE), May 2014
- “Meditation and Psychotherapy: Deepening Mindfulness with Thich Nhat Hanh", Harvard Medical School (DCE), September 2013
- Completed the 8-week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program (MBSR) at the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, 2012
- 5-day intensive in Mind-Body Medicine, Harvard Medical School (DCE), Benson-Henry Institute for Mind-Body Medicine, September 2012.
- Psychopharmacology 2011, “A Master Class,” Harvard Medical School (DCE), 2011
- Completed both the Professional Training Program and the Advanced Training Program through The Center for Mind-Body Medicine in Washington, DC, 2009-2011
- Completed the Professional training, "Spirituality and Healing in Medicine." Presented by Harvard Medical School (DCE), The Benson-Henry Institute for Mind-Body Medicine (formerly The Mind/Body Medical Institute), and the George Washington Institute for Spirituality and Health (GWish), 2004
Harvard Medical School
Clinical Instructor of Psychiatry, 2007-2012
- Preceptor to a small group of second year medical students during the annual psychopathology course to help teach interviewing skills
- Taught a broad range of psychiatric topics to primary care staff and residents in Mount Auburn Hospital’s Harvard affiliated Internal Medicine Residency Training Program
Tufts University School of Medicine
- Recognized with several Excellence in Teaching Awards for work with medical students and residents at Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine
Mount Auburn Hospital
Department of Psychiatry Cambridge, MA
July 2007-June 2011
Outpatient Psychiatry and Addictions Services
February 2008-July 2009
- Clinically responsible for all patients treated in the multi-service Outpatient Department of Psychiatry, Prevention and Recovery Center, Life Resource Center, and Women’s Mental Health Liaison Team
- Led and directed multidisciplinary team consisting of 3 Psychiatrists, 1 Psychologist, 1 Clinical Nurse Specialist, 12 LICSWs, and 4 LMHC/LADC/LMFT's